Solar and Wind Generators are becoming more important as a reliable and renewable form of energy.
One of the biggest issues users face; is having to guess if they have enough solar capacity to power their appliances throughout the day, based on their stored energy levels, use and weather.
There is currently no way to monitor these generators and provide information, and remote notifications, based on weather, generation and system demand.
Images credit: Solarable
Rare Labs, a leading software and technology development firm, recently announced the launch of the Kickstarter campaign for Solarable – an IoT monitor and forecaster device that links to solar or wind-powered generators.
Some of the features of Solarable mentioned in Kickstarter site:
• Solar panel or wind turbine current (amps), volts and power (watts)
• Battery volts and available power
• Electrical demand – current, volts, power
• Mobile notifications and alerts – system health, low solar/wind generation and high demand
• Battery lifetime cycles and lifetime cycle remaining
• 72 hour solar budget prediction, based on weather forecast and usage history
• A visual cue for the state of your solar or wind generator as the display-dial pulses different colors
The Solarable provides various important indicators so users can reliably power their homes, tiny homes, RV’s, and remote pumps and motors.
It can also send you alerts and in-app notifications based on changing weather forecasts, and power consumption and battery levels.
Unlike other monitors, Solarable works with any inverter or batteries, which provides tremendous flexibility to people building their own personal energy generation systems.
The Solarable mobile app enables you to monitor all the critical levels of your solar general anywhere, anytime. It requires an iOS or Android device for the Solarable App.
Solarable has an easy-to-read on-board LCD Screen that displays your panel power, how much battery is available, and the current load and weather forecast.
The prototype stage has completed and now moving to printed circuit board testing and Underwriter Laboratories (UL) Certification.
The company wants to raise $12,500 to produce the initial shipments of Solarable monitor in early 2017. (Source: Solarable)
- Suzlon Wins 52.4 MW Order from Oil India Capable of Providing Power to Over 28,000 Households
- Clenbuterol Will Take Off Fat and Add More Muscles