Are you worried about how you will move certain items without having to hire a movers company? Worry not; your small car could be the perfect carriage for you to move different items regardless of how big they are.
Whether you are moving from one state to another or you are just moving across town, you will need to securely and carefully place your items in the trunk. And in as much as most items will safely sit in your car boot, you might have some items that are too big to sit in the trunk. How then will you be able to put them in this tiny boot and be sure that the items are safe and securely placed? Keep reading…
- Consider using vacuum boxes – For items that might take up too much space like clothes and bedding, you can choose to place them in vacuum storage boxes before placing them in the trunk.
- Try overhead carriage – As old-fashioned as this may sound, overhead carriers are the best invention ever. The beauty about these overhead carriers is that they are made to withstand harsh weather conditions. They are safe and secure and with them, you do not have to worry about the safety of your belongings.
- Invest in a car holdup system – Other than the overhead carriers, there is the invention auto Holdup System. The system is designed to hold the boot in place depending on how open you want to it to be. And of course, this will depend on the size of the items you are putting in the trunk. The beauty of these auto holdup systems is that they are easy to adjust to a desirable height. With them, you do not have to worry about the boot breaking open or shutting while you are on the move.
- Consider using smaller boxes – If you have fragile things that you need to move, try using smaller boxes. Unlike the big ones that are cumbersome, the smaller boxes are the best option. Why you may wonder? Well, the smaller the boxes, the clearer your rear vision will be and the more secure the items will be as they will not have space to move around in the boxes.
- Last but not least, make good use of every space available – Believe it or not, most times there is so much space hidden in the car; space that could accommodate certain items, especially when the boot is fully packed. For example, there is a space around your spare tire. You could easily store clothes or even shoes that space. Another example, if you have smaller backpacks, you can store them at the feet of the people you are traveling with.
So, there you have it. The few tips on how to safely and securely move oversized items in your personal car. That said, save up the money you would have used to hire a moving company and just do it yourself. It is as easy as pie.