Have you recently suffered a severe injury? Or have you witnessed an accident that has made it difficult to move any part of your body? Physiotherapy is just the right solution for you. Physiotherapy helps a person to effectively restore the mobility of their body parts and get over the trauma of the past experiences.
Physicians can suggest to some physiotherapy sessions during your post-operation period because with the physiotherapy you can easily get the strength and recover from minor injuries.
If any part of the body has lost its flexibility after an accident, physiotherapy will help to regain the strength and flexibility so that one can start working in the same normal manner. Physiotherapy also works wonders for people who seem to have lost control over any part of their body due to some diseases. Physiotherapy is also a great way to get rid of many underlying issues.
How Is Physiotherapy Done?
There are a number of techniques by which physiotherapy is done. The technique which is to be employed is determined based on the kind of the injury that has been sustained and the problem which is being treated. Some of the common processes of physiotherapy are as follows:
- Stimulating the Nerves by Passing Electricity: In this method, electric current is passed in varying intensities to the parts that are being treated. This is a famous method of physiotherapy.
- Manually: The joints and the softer tissues which need to be treated are moved manually. This helps to improve the circulation of blood to these areas, relaxes the muscles which are overtly tight and makes sure that the excess fluids are flushed away.
- Acupuncture: In this method of physiotherapy, the central nervous system is stimulated, and the pain is treated until it becomes dull. This also helps to relax the muscles which are tight.
- Demonstration: Demonstration is the method of educating the patients about how they can take care of themselves by simple physiotherapy tricks.
After a period of physiotherapy, the conditions of the patient about his mobility before and after the treatment are assessed to determine the improvement. But you cannot try out any exercise with an injury because you do not know the exact process to deal with an injury. It is better to consult with a physiotherapist in this regard, and he or she can provide you a complete physiotherapy session at an affordable cost.
What Are Some of The Health Condition That Can Be Treated by Physiotherapy?
Given below are some of the health issues that can be treated by physiotherapy.
- Many cardiopulmonary diseases can be cured by regular physiotherapy.
- Any damage caused to the rotator cuff.
- Back pain or any injury to spinal cord.
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Injuries caused due to sports.
Does Physiotherapy Have A Side Effects?
It is advisable not to opt for physiotherapy without recommendation by the doctors. Physiotherapy means putting an extra strain on any part of the body in order to induce mobility and flexibility. This, however, may not always produce positive results. But if you have the patience then you will get the positive results with physiotherapy treatment and this treatment can also treat any sports injury.
Physiotherapy, if not done properly, can cause swelling and soreness of the body part. When done by an inexperienced physiotherapist, a little bit of extra pressure have a reverse effect on your injured body part and worsen the problem by manifold times. It is recommended to seek the advice from experts or consulting a doctor before starting off with the physiotherapy routine.
Physiotherapy has often been known to cure aches and diseases which years of medication couldn’t. If done systematically, physiotherapy can have great results on the body of the patient availing the service.