Traveling for Business needs Careful Planning and Prep Work!
Apart from travel expenses, you should respect the differences in rules, regulations, customs of destiny country. It is imperative when you travel to Indonesia. Foreign people in business always must deal with bureaucracy challenges.
You need to learn the basics of Indonesian laws, orders, and local culture. You may violate a few laws because you didn’t know any better. This lack of knowledge can ruin your business trip.
With all said, following are common mistakes you should avoid when applying for a working visa in Indonesia:
You need a proper working visa to work in Indonesian Territory. Short Business meeting needs you to have a single-entry visit or multiple entry visits. It will allow you to stay in Indonesia for 60 days for a single visit, and 60 days per visit on numerous visit.
Working in Indonesia without a working visa or KITAS have severe consequences. It can land you into jail for up to five years and pay a hefty fine. Even diplomats must hold a service visa; the Government- run Department oversees this. You can’t trust this visa to private agents.
Do your research and consider the requirements to work in Indonesia. Apply for the right visa, and allow the sponsor company to help you provide important documents needed to let you work. Some agencies will help you get through different layers of bureaucracy.
It’s not uncommon for foreigners to bring almost expired passports during their trip to Indonesia. While you can enter the country, but you can’t apply for documents needed to stay and work.
If you want to stay and work in Indonesia, you must obtain ITAS. To apply for a special permit, you better meet the following criteria:
• You must have a valid passport for 12 months for 6 months ITAS
• You must have a valid passport for 18 months for 12 months ITAS
• You must have a valid passport for 24 months for 30 months ITAS It is imperative you renew your passport before boarding the flight. Review the time and costs and prepare everything in advance for your stay in Indonesia.
Your Sponsor’s data is important. While Applying for working permit, single or multiple entry visits, you should show the background of Sponsor Company. Bring the following documents with you:
• A Copy of Company’s Act
• A Copy of a Company’s Business License Letter
• A Copy of Company’s Tax Number
• A Copy of Company’s Director’s ID Card
• Signed and Sealed Company Letters with the Company’s Stamps
You need a sponsorship letter for a semi-permanent visa and work permit. So, be careful with your documents.
The Immigration forms issued by Government are available for free. You should never pay for an immigration map, aka the map. You better know your rights. If the officer charges you for immigration form, you better report it to an authorized party as it violates Indonesian Law.
Lack of Information
If you are foreign, you need a bunch of documents to apply for a work visa in Indonesia. Following, we will discuss them:
• RPTKA The sponsor company should Submit RPTKA documents to a domestic company. If you work for a Foreign Investment company, expats expect you to work for one year as per law, but you can extend this period. For instance, Senior Positions lie Director needs to work for three years, and it is renewed before the RPTKA expires.
After the RPTKA is approved, the company receives an IMTA which it should forward to foreign works to help them get ITAS. The government issues a TA-01 form, so the IKTA is issued. You can obtain the ITAS Card (KITAS) for a limited stay
• DPKK When the company hires you, the company should pay compensation to the destination country per month or per expatriate employee to contribute to the cost of training a workforce. This is a non-refundable fee, and better be paid before the work permit approved.
Foreign workers are classified to have specific expertise; this specific skill set helps support the development of the host country. It’s important you show the company’s RPTKA that the citizen of the host country will help and polish foreign workers.