Once upon a time, apps were volatile. The days are old now. Today, most people without apps cannot picture their lives. In 2019 alone, 204 billion applications have been downloaded according to figures compiled by Data Annie. And by 2022, the amount of downloads is projected to rise to around 258,2 billion!
While many people assume that apps in the B2C sector alone are useful, such as entertainment, fitness, IT, travel, or e-commerce, it is true that apps are commonly used and are often demanded by the B2B sector. The transportation business requires this. The industry itself is the foundation of foreign commerce, and it is an important component of the global economy. In the first location, the world trade export value is now worth $19.5 trillion, according to Statista. Additionally, there are actually 54,2 million tons of worldwide air cargo traffic.
It’s a brilliant idea to improve production and competitiveness by logistics android mobile applications development of such value for the business.
Why create an application for logistics?
An organization will benefit from creating a logistics app in different ways. Including:
- Vehicle position tracking via GPS functionality.
- Management of your ships by tracking your fleet’s roads.
- Parcel or freight Booking for consumers using FedEx-like solutions.
- RFDI and NFC monitoring of freight.
- Management of warehouses, comprising inventory tracking, dispatch and monitoring of data.
- Therefore, organizations are utilizing software that satisfies their varied requirements to streamline the multiple processes in a logistics business to maintain consumer accountability.
Importance of creation of the logistics application
The days have gone where consumers have been waiting for days for their orders when they periodically approach the logistic service suppliers. The software advanced consumers want to get all the needed details on the move in today’s data-driven environment. An android mobile app development company will offer logistics and transport a helping hand. The creation of logistics applications will help carriers integrate developments in their technologies and enhance the consumer experience by delivering real-time data anywhere and whenever they want. With feature-rich logistics applications, from control to fleet management are feasible.
Transport and Logistics business types of applications
- Control of Fleet: This program captures data on the fleet and displays cars in real-time. This one-stop mobile app system helps you to control the fleet.
- Logistics on request: Thanks to this tool, the consumers will use your transport and logistics facilities as they wish. You will log your orders 24 hours a day.
- Control of warehouse: In the management of the shipping sector the warehouse has an essential function. The supply chain application is structured to automate warehouse logistics and overall operations.
- Monitoring: This program helps you to track the progress of the driver and offer you an indication of the road. It is beneficial to provide notifications on the place in real-time.
Logistics App’s main features
The key features that the software developers must provide in order to create a logistics application that is extremely demanded and useful for numerous players in the industry:
- Tracking of drivers and cars
The logistics technology industry’s vehicle monitoring niche now. And without it, each answer is incomplete. Take the example of car tracking performance. Its business value was about 19,000 units by 2018, worth 600 million USD. In transport and logistics applications, 30% of these instruments are used. What does the monitoring of the driver and car mean? Yeah, it helps organizations to keep watch on driver’s output and their vehicles. Since certain functions use a GPS position in real-time, it allows testing drivers efficiently.
- Aid for offline
People believe that Internet non-connectivity would not be a major problem since we reside in 2020. This turned out to be a mistake. Data reveals that over $1.7 billion in smartphone sales is wasted due to inadequate Internet access and speed. More than 70% of smartphone consumers left the app without installing it. This problem can be eased by offline applications.
Offline assistance in the android application is much more relevant in the logistics sector. What is the reason? Ok, since the distribution firm takes place mostly on highways, all over the globe. This ensures they can encounter places with low internet access. In the US alone, several countries are known for their low web coverage and speed. Logistics programs must also be equipped to drop internet connectivity through offline assistance.
- Mechanical assistance and fuel station updates
Drivers have also valid excuses to postpone shipping and deliveries. In case the trucks fall down or they experience a fuel scarcity, it is crucial for companies to provide a strong support strategy for their drivers. Taking these drivers and industries into consideration, an app will have the optimum answer for all. The application should recognize the driver from the closest repair gas and shops stations and be able to alert him. In addition, all possible contact details of these places should be mirrored to easily tow as appropriate.
- Multilingual assistance
Intercom estimates that 70% of consumers choose to connect with businesses providing mother tongue assistance. The same apps, particularly logistics applications, are also affected. The software may be used by anyone regardless of their mother tongue via multi-lingual assistance. In the logistics app, this function must be included to ensure that people with diverse backgrounds will use the app with no complications. Since logistics applications appear to have multiple elements that are far more difficult than a leisure app, multi-lingual help may help improve logistics team efficiency.
Efficient distribution and real-time alerts are two main priorities for a carrier business. The creation of the Logistics android mobile app development will help you meet these goals and have enhanced services. The details your consumers require on the move can be accessed from such a smartphone app and your company can flourish.