Importance of Gold:
Gold is a very precious metal and it has been in use for thousands of years as an ornament due to its value. Gold is undoubted, a noble metal and the creation of a prestigious items’ finish is commonly observed to scale the purity in the metal and most importantly jewelry. The trend of gold finishing has slowly crept into the products of interior design and even bathroom and tap fitting. There is no doubt that, gold polishing services are seemingly becoming popular and becoming a contemporary industrial design for many.
The Spectrum of Metal and Gold Finishing:
Finishing is the process in which surface of a piece is cleaned or polished or textured. As the final step of the jewelry manufacturing process and usually, all jewelry items require finishing, which is a very essential part of a jewelry manufacturing process. It gives beauty and brilliance to a jewelry piece. Finishing is achieved under various stages, which are described as below:
Metal Finishing comprises services or activities in which various techniques are used to transform the surface of your gold jewelry are known as finishes. Possible gold jewelry finishes range from bright polish to matte sandblasting, to hammer textures. The finish on your gold jewelry significantly impacts it is the final look and style. Bright polish allows the true nature of gold to shine through, while an array of brushed, satin, matte, engraved and hammered finishes allow designers to expand upon on what is traditionally expected from gold jewelry. Designers often combine multiple complementary, or even contrasting, finishes creating new and exciting gold jewelry styles. Jewelry craftsmen continually experiment with new hand and machine techniques to push the boundaries of gold finishes and their impact on the latest jewelry designs.
Metal Finishing covers any operation or activity that alters the surface of a metal piece to achieve a certain property or look. Metal finishing is performed after a metal cast has been formed. Metal finishing covers many processes like cleaning, soldering, plating, Texturing, etc.
The Gold Finishing Processes are Described as Below:
1. Cleaning: Cleaning of metal casting refers to all operations and activities that are performed to remove sand, scale and/or excess metal from the casting. In jewelry making, cleaning is a continuous process used at various stages. The casting comes from cleaning either directly from separated mold or after improvement by welding, soldering or other procedures. Cleaning of metal casting can be done in many ways: Pickling Sand Blasting Steam Cleaning, Super critical Fluid Cleaning, Soap Water Cleaning, Ultrasonic Cleaning
2. Polishing: Metal polishing is the process of rubbing a metal piece to make it smooth and shiny. It reduces the appearance of flaws which include the steps of Tumbling, Bombing or Stripping, Buffing.
3. Soldering: Soldering is a technique used by jewelers for making and repairing, adding findings or links in a metal piece.
4. Plating: Plating is the technique to cover or coat a thin layer of a metal to another metal surface. It is mainly done for the decorative purposes in the form of electroplating, Electroless plating, chemical plating, electrochemical plating, mechanical plating, spray plating, hot dip plating, etc.
5. Specific Metal Plating: Gold Plating, Silver Plating or Rhodium Plating
6. Texturing: Florentine Finish, Hammered Finish, and High Polish Finish
7. Satin Finish: The satin finish is a texture of a metal surface that is in between a matte finish and a brilliant one. The satin finish is achieved by various means and methods like sandblasting, wire brushing or chemically altering a shiny metallic surface. This finish gives the impression of a soft, pearl-like luster instead of a bright polish.
Salient Features of Gold Finishing:
Gold polishing services, come as a result of depositing polished nickel overlay with 24-carat gold 3N, having a thickness of 2µm depending on the need. 100% pure deposited gold provides greater resistance towards durability and corrosion. If the polishing is done in the right way, the metal coating will gain sparkle.
One of the most featured polishing techniques focuses upon the characteristic features such as:
• Delicate Cleaning Services
• Good Corrosion Resistance Properties
• Delicate Towards Scratch Resistance
• Having a Good Amount of Resistance to Cleaning Products