Health is all about the physical, mental, social as well as behavioral well-being. With the right diet, regular exercise, and an appropriate lifestyle, anybody can achieve a state of salubrity. One of the finest indications of good health is higher muscle mass. Not only does it help in the proper functioning of the body’s vital organs, but it also boosts the activity of your immune system.
When it comes to gaining some muscle, there are no shortcuts. Also, the task is even more daunting if the subject happens to be a lady. This is because of the lack of anabolic proteins in a female body. However, with the right strategy and approach, even women can build a considerable muscle mass.
Keep reading to know the five tips that will make you gain as well as retain muscle mass.
Find Out The Right Exercises
If you think you can achieve the muscle mass with just any workout, then you’re absolutely wrong. Weight-lifting and muscle-targeting exercises cause a better build-up of muscles than any other exercise. You might want to target the larger group of muscles in the beginning. Start with the glutes, quadriceps and abdominal muscles. Also, don’t forget to divide the exercises in a day-wise manner. That way, you know which part of the body to target on a particular day.
● Squats are one of the best exercises for muscle-building, and it includes the movement of a variety of muscles simultaneously. From targeting the glutes to making the quads burn, this exercise does it all. Once you’re able to do a significant number of squats without any hassles, grab some dumbbells and couple up the workout with good amounts of weights, barbells, and racks.
● Deadlifts are yet another option that can help you gain some muscle. A single rep not just targets the quads and glutes, but also the hamstrings. What’s even better is that the workout improves your posture. So, before you finish ten reps of this exercise, focus on getting the form right. With the flat back and slightly bent knees, you will get the muscle cells proliferating in no time.
● Chest Press is one such workout that targets your thoracic muscles. While performing a chest press, you target the deltoids, pectorals, and triceps. You can also modify the angle by choosing different types of machines. Choose the inclined, declined and flat ones and target your chest at various angles.
● Triceps Kickbacks offer the build-up of your triceps within a matter of days. All you need is a pulley with its attachments. Start by flexing your arms to 90 degrees and further extend till its parallel to the floor. This will target only the triceps and lead to a significant gain.
● Hip Thrusts appear to be the right choice for women who wish to gain some glutes. Being a holistic hip exercise, it targets almost every muscle around your hip area. Major muscles include the gluteus maximus, medius quads, and the hamstrings.
Make Use Of The Right Supplements
Along with the right exercise, you might consider a few supplements that promote muscle growth. However, make sure to choose the ones with limited side effects and proven results. Chances are that you must be wondering the reason behind using the artificial supplements. The female body consists of a considerably lesser amount of anabolic proteins than males. This calls for additional chemicals that boost up the muscle cells and make them divide at a faster rate.
● Whey Protein is one of the best supplements when it comes to improving muscle mass. Chemically, it is a milk protein containing high levels of amino acids. Due to its facile digestive abilities, this supplement is the most preferred one by weight-lifters.
● Creatine is a protein containing a number of amino acids like arginine, glycine, and methionine. It works by enhancing the amount of energy used during the workout. Along with this, the protein hydrates the muscle cells, thereby promoting better division and proliferation.
● Anabolic Steroids are considered as one of the fastest ways to improve muscle growth. These are a form of testosterone and target various areas of the body like muscles, bones, hair follicles, and vocal cords. When taken in the right amount, it can reduce muscle fatigue. Such potent steroids like anavar for women accelerate the production of red blood cells and burn fat faster. However, you might want to consult an expert before you start taking any supplements.
Follow The Healthy Diet & Regimen
When it comes to gaining that extra muscle bump, you need to consume the extra calories as well. Often, women link muscle production with more exercise and less food intake. However, proper nutrition is the key to better muscle cell growth and faster muscle mass. Make sure to eat a significant amount of protein per day. Also, keep a count of the nutritional levels on a daily basis.
● Proteins are undoubtedly the most important macronutrient for muscle building. Not only does it repair the muscle tears build-up during the workout, but it also accelerates the production. However, you don’t have to consume only the proteins. Experts recommend consuming 2.2 grams of protein per kg of body weight for adequate muscle gain. Also, make sure to eat protein-rich foods like roasted chicken, turkey, fish or pheasant. You can also consider dairy products like cottage cheese.
● Carbohydrates, the only actual source of energy in our body, are quite essential for muscle gain. The body utilizes this energy during the workout process. Also, the higher the levels of carbs, the faster the production of proteins. A carb-rich diet leads to the production of insulin. In the presence of Insulin, the amino acid Leucine responsible for muscle protein synthesis works better.
Make sure to consume carbs for breakfast like oatmeal or quinoa. Other foods rich in carbs are potatoes, corn, rice, bread, cereals e.t.c.
● Fats possess quite a bad reputation when it comes to getting in shape. However, there are certain types of fats that might actually speed up the production of muscles. High-density Lipoprotein Cholesterol (HDL) is what we’re talking about right now. Being the food fat, it readily utilizes fatty acids to promote muscle mass. Get the low-density lipids out of your diet and focus on the HDL to achieve the right muscle gain. Consume foods like olive oil, nuts, avocados, almonds, and salmons.
Set Up The Efficient Workout Frequency
Muscle cells don’t just grow up and divide on their own. Apart from proper diet and regular exercise, you must focus on the frequency of workout. That means you don’t have to work upon your entire body in a single day. Give your body some time to rest by dividing specific days for particular parts. Focus on targeting a single part twice a week. Also, start with splitting up the upper and lower body. Devote specific days for the arms, shoulders, and chest. Further, work upon the legs, glutes, and abdomen.
● Upper Body workouts primarily include targeting the arms, chest, and shoulders and back. Make a weekly workout plan and give two days to this part of your body. From chest presses to triceps kickbacks, you can couple up absolutely any exercise that fits in the category.
● Lower Body exercise requires maximum energy and devotion. It includes the legs, hips, and waist. Spend two days a week working on your hips and legs. Choose exercises like squats, sit-ups, leg raises and others that improve the muscle mass readily.
● Abdomen & Back require workout at least one day per week. During this part of the week, you will focus on the muscles like transversus abdominis, oblique, and pelvic floor muscles. From crunches to push-ups, you can choose amongst a variety of available exercises. However, experts recommend workouts like crunches, push-ups, kettlebell swings, planks, dying bugs, and leg lower rings. Hold up some dumbbells to increase the intensity as well as muscle gain rate.
Don’t Hesitate To Take A Day Off
While the workout helps in gaining muscle, providing adequate recovery time to the cells is equally important. If you think taking a day off will prove to be detrimental to your progress, then you’re wrong. By resting, you give the muscles some time to relax and recover. This promotes better muscle gain and increases the supply of fast energy for the workout sessions. The last thing you want is to overwork your muscles and undergo an intense injury. So, take a break and stick to stretching for a day or two per week.
Growing some muscle isn’t as difficult as you may think. However, you need to plan out a few things. Keep in mind that the female body doesn’t contain an adequate amount of anabolic proteins for muscle gain. That means you must focus on the diet before beginning with the high-intensity exercises. Also, consider the right supplements to tackle muscle fatigue and gain muscle mass faster. In the end, watch out your workout frequency and devote specific days for different parts of the body. Complete the workout with proper rest and recovery for the damaged muscle cells.